Avatar Salon and Wellness Spa will begin welcoming our family back on June 9, 2020.
At Avatar, we’ve always practiced a culture of care, well- being and safety for our guests and staff. Prior to the implementation of safeguards brought about by COVID- 19, the Maryland State Board of Cosmetology requirements set the industry standards for a commitment to sanitation and sterilization. For the past 20 years, these standards have been part of the foundation of Avatar’s daily operations.
As we carefully reopen services to our community, Avatar will further implement and follow all protocols set by the Centers for Disease Control and Montgomery County Department of Health for safe operating procedures.
In preparation of reopening, Avatar Salon and Spa was cleaned and sanitized by Germbusterz Professional Sanitation Services (www.germbusterz.net). Germbusterz specializes in killing bacteria, fungi, viruses, and all infectious microorganisms. The HVAC ventilation and water systems were flushed and disinfected and we added portable air-purifying systems. They have been retained to perform regular precautionary services.
Additionally, Avatar will implement the following mandatory guidelines as it pertains to all staff and guests:
- Services will be provided by appointment only. Walk in services will not be accommodated at this time.
- Doors will be locked, and guests will be safely greeted and allowed entry into the salon.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival with a non-contact thermal scanner. Individuals displaying temperatures above 100.3 degrees or feeling ill will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- All appointments are being paced with ample time to complete services with minimum overlap among guests.
- Guest arriving 15 minutes late will be asked to reschedule their appointment and will be charged a $35 fee.
- Scheduled appointments will be confirmed via email or text and include a waiver of liability.
- Face masks or facial coverings must be worn at all times while in the salon and spa.
- Only the reserved guest can come into the salon for service.
- Curbside pickup is available for retail items when guests are not being serviced.
- If the salon is at capacity --- currently set at 6 people at a time -- you will be asked to wait in your car or outside until called.
- Social distance markings are placed in the lobby and staff controlled in the service areas of the salon.
- Service areas and chairs will be wiped down with disinfectant after each guest.
- Payments are encouraged via touchless transactions such as Apple and Google Pay.
- There will be no food or beverages served at this time.
- Magazines and newspapers have been removed.
- Sick employees will be given two weeks off to quarantine.
- Sanitation stations with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers are available.
- Gloves are encouraged to be worn due to constant touching of public surfaces.
- Distant hugs or the Wakanda Salute will be given after the completion of all services.
Your understanding and adherence to these protocols is appreciated during this challenging time. We look forward to reopening and seeing our cherished guests soon. As we monitor the evolving public health situation, we will review, modify and refine these protocols, including the hours and days of operations.
We’re accepting appointments on a first come first serve basis, and invite you to do so by calling the front desk at 301.608.9344, through the Avatar Salon and Wellness Spa App or by visiting our website at www.avatarwellness.com.
Bruce G. Johnson,